Shaving is a task that most men deal with daily. It can cause irritation, razor burns and nicks. Men with dry and sensitive skin are especially at risk. To protect the delicate facial skin from the abrasiveness of a razor, you should use a shaving cream or gel.
It’s advisable to use a product that will not only help to provide a barrier between your skin and the razor, but will also keep your skin from drying out.
So, the question is…should you be using a shaving cream or a shaving gel? What’s the difference between the two? They both lubricate and moisturize to help you get a clean shave with minimal irritation, but which should you choose?
What are shaving creams?
Shaving creams come in a can and form a lather. After spraying the cream in your hand, you mix it with water. Rubbing your hands together creates a foam. You apply the foam onto your face with your hands or with a shaving brush. As you spread the product on your face, it helps to lift your whiskers so that you can get a close shave.
One problem with shaving creams is that they are cheap and usually come in an aerosol can. Aerosol can dry out your skin. Another issue is that the foam from shaving creams tends to clog your razor after just a pass or two across your face. This causes you to have to constantly rinse your razor, taking more time to get the job done.
What are shaving gels?
Shaving gels don’t foam. They are easy to apply and don’t require water. Simply pump some of shaving gel into your hands or onto a shaving brush. Smooth a thin layer over your face. The gel is transparent, so you can see exactly what you’re doing. This makes it perfect for today’s chiseled styles. Shaving gels contain moisturizing oils that will continue to keep your skin hydrated long after shaving. Gels are a more lubricating option for shaving, providing more protection against skin irritation from a razor.
Which Shaving Product Should You Use?Depending on your skin and hair type, you may choose to use cream or shaving gel. The only way to know for sure which one is best for you is to try them out. Which one should you try first? Here are the details!
Shave Cream Benefits
- Relatively easy to rinse
- Instant lather
- It feels soft and airy
Shaving Gel Benefits
- Protects skin
- More razor glide
- Enhanced lubricants
- Light lather
- Reduces shaving time
- It's transparent
There a many reasons Why you should use a shaving gel over a creamThe main reason to use shaving gel is that they offer more benefits over foam or creams because:
- Gel is Waterless – Most of the time, shaving without the use of water will cause irritation but with a shaving gel, lack of water is not an issue.
- It Goes on Transparent – Shaving gels are clear. This makes them ideal for shaving because you can see each individual whisker. Being able to see everything mean fewer passes and a faster shave.
- Shaving Gel is Thin – You only need to apply a thin layer of shaving gel to your face. That means less product on your razor so less times you need to rinse.
- Shaving Gel is Great for Sensitive Skin – Shaving gels sit on the surface of your skin. That creates a moisture rich barrier between your skin and your razor. This makes it great for men with sensitive skin. That barrier will help to cut down on the irritation that shaving can cause.
- You Use Less Product – Because it is highly concentrated, you only need a small amount of shaving gel to do the job. Using less product means your shaving gel will last longer, saving you money in the end.
- Gel Won’t Clog your Razor – Shaving gel is thin. It rinses quickly and cleanly off your razor. You will still have to rinse after a few passes but not as often as with a cream. You will get a closer shave in just a fraction of the time.
- Spend Less Time Shaving – Fewer passes, clear product and less rinsing equals quicker shaves.
- Moisturizing – Shaving gel contains hydrating, moisturizing ingredients to help keep your skin soft and smooth long after your shave.
If you’re using a shaving cream, it’s time to give shaving gel a try. Elegance Plus Shaving Gel is an excellent choice for all skin types. It is available in 3 different scents. Shaving gel is superior to cream and this product proves it. Follow up with Elegance Plus After Shave Lotionfor the best results.
There's no denying that a beard is a must-have accessory for the modern man. Beards give your fac …Nov 11th 2019
You Need to Know These Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair Consider the coconut. The rich oil o …Sep 10th 2019
For a sleek red-carpet-ready look, pomade is the hairstyling product for you. But it doesn’t just …Jul 16th 2019